Bilingual Spanish/Catalan>English Native Translator, Interpreter and transcriptionist
I consider myself highly professional, results-driven and resourceful.
I am bilingual in both English and Spanish, as my parents were Mexican and I was brought up in Los Angeles CA USA.
I am also fluent in Catalan as I owned and operated my own language school in the Catalonian region of Spain for over 10 years, as well as worked as a freelancer during that time, running the "multilingual services section" of my business.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Ability to speak, read, and write both Spanish and English with native fluency.
- Proficiency level in Castilian Spanish as well as Catalan, having lived in Catalonia for over 10 years
- Proficiency level in British English, having lived in Manchester, UK for over 3 years
- Delivering excellent translation services while meeting all requirements and deadlines in numerous freelance positions over the past five years alongside running my own language school in Tarragona, Spain.
- Over five years of transcription experience in a number of different settings, working with the local radio station to provide accurate transcription of audio to written form.
- Ensuring seamless style, context, and overall meaning in the target language for all translated materials while applying proper language parameters such as grammar, syntax, semantics, and appropriate terminology.-Maintaining stringent confidentiality concerning both clients and translated materials.
- Organized and personable with an outstanding reputation for my dedication and superior work ethic.
With my extensive background, Spanish and Catalan/English language proficiency, and unwavering attention to detail, I
am positioned to significantly benefit your company.